The mission of Lyon County Economic Development (LCED) is to help Lyon County and its communities obtain and more effectively utilize their resources to promote economic growth and enhance the overall quality of life.
The LCED strategic focus is on:
- Retention and expansion of existing businesses with an emphasis on increasing the access to skilled workers.
- Assistance to Lyon County communities to strengthen the infrastructure of each area to support the workforce required to grow, to include; housing availability, education/training, daycare, healthcare and recreation.
- Identification of small businesses and entrepreneurial businesses in each community and help them to grow and prosper.
- Working with local communities, identify more developable industrial, commercial and residential sites. Assist with development plans and marketing for potential sites.
- Continue to improve county-wide economic development teamwork, support the development of local development priorities and improve communication on an ongoing basis with the LCED Advisory Board that stresses what is working and not working in economic development.
Lyon County Economic Development offers a comprehensive array of economic development services including site selection, business plan development, expansion and relocation planning, and new business ideas.
The Lyon County advantage for both new families and businesses are a combination of a safe, family-oriented lifestyle, great schools, a skilled workforce, low operating costs and cost of living, and available sites for growth.
Two of the strategic goals of the LCED are the Annual Business Recognition program and the Career Exploration Day program for high school freshman and sophomore students. Business recognition recognizes outstanding county businesses and events. Career Exploration provides the opportunity for students to learn about the different and diverse career opportunities available in Lyon County.
2017 LCED Advisory Board Members
|Kristi Knutson||Alvord, IA|
|Shorty Blauwet||Larchwood, IA|
|Rod Borer||Little Rock, IA|
|Pam Hawf||Lester, IA|
|Larry Boeve||Doon, IA|
|Anthony Muilenberg||Inwood, IA|
|Fred Landis||George, IA|
|Justin Chirstensen||Rock Rapids, IA|
|Steve Simons||LCED Director|
|Micah Freese||RRDC Director|
|Ross Loomans||Rock Rapids, IA, Lyon REC|
|Kirk Peters||Little Rock, IA, Supervisor|
|Steve Michael||Larchwood, IA, Supervisor|
|Laura Sievers||Rock Rapids, IA, County Engineer|
|John Eyerly||George, IA, Education|
|Shayne Mayer||Rock Rapids, IA, County Attorney|
|Sharon Haselhoff||Larchwood, IA, Business|
|Rachel Schreurs||Alvord, LCEDC|