Lyon County Market Profiles & Reports
The Lyon County Market Research Library includes useful information for businesses in the area such as demographics, markets, businesses, industry and other.
These reports contain information from two leading economic research companies – ESRI and Economic Modeling Specialists, Inc. (EMSI). These reports can be easily downloaded and printed by clicking on the title of each report.
- 2016 Retail Trade Analysis Report
- Lyon County ESRI Business Summary
- Lyon County ESRI Community Profile
- Lyon County ESRI Demographics and Income Profile
- Lyon County ESRI Executive Summary
- Lyon County ESRI Graphic Profile
- Lyon County ESRI Household Income Profile
- Lyon County ESRI Housing Profile
- Lyon County ESRI Market Profile
- Lyon County ESRI Retail Market Potential
- Lyon County ESRI Retail Marketplace Profile
- Lyon County LOIS Brochure
Lyon County Comprehensive Housing Study
In 2016 Maxfield Research & Consulting, LLC conducted a Comprehensive Housing Needs Analysis for Lyon County, Iowa. The study projects housing demand from 2016 through 2025, and provides recommendations on the amount and type of housing that could be built in Lyon County to satisfy demand from current and future residents over the next decade.
- Lyon County population is expected to increase by nearly 800 people (6.9%) by 2021, for a total of 12,380 people. Household growth is projected to increase by 375 households (8.4%) by 2021.
- In 2016, the median household income in Lyon County was estimated to be $52,840 and is projected to climb over 9.5% to $57,836 by 2021.
- Family households were the most common type of household in the County, representing approximately 74% of all households in 2000 and 72.9% of all households in 2010. Married couples without children comprised 35.9% of all households in 2000 and 37.5% in 2010. Married couple families with children comprised 31.2% of all the Lyon County households in 2000, dropping to 27.1% in 2010.
Read more data and statistics in the 2016 Lyon County Housing Study.